Amy was awarded a full tuition scholarship to attend the 2014 NYU/ASCAP Film Scoring Workshop in New York City.
The 2014 NYU/ASCAP Foundation Film Scoring Workshop is an intensive summer school, educating participants in the rich traditions of classical Hollywood film scoring.
Whilst at the workshop, Amy studied with film composer heavyweights:
– Mark Snow (The X-Files)
– Ira Newborn (Naked Gun, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off)
– Sean Callery (Homeland, 24, Elementary)
– Michael Patterson (Grammy and Emmy-Winning Composer and Orchestrator for Jag)
– Sonny Kompanek (Casanova, Changing Lanes, Two Weeks Notice (Hugh Grant)
– Mark Suozzo (The Nanny Diaries)
Amy wrote music to a scene from Bruce Almighty (starring Jim Carrey) and conducted music she composed for the clip with players from the New York Philharmonic and The New York Metropolitan Opera Orchestra. The music was recorded by top tier engineers Paul Geluso and Lawrence Manchester.
Video and audio examples will be uploaded soon.